Monday, November 06, 2006

Using Bonuses To Increase Your Internet Marketing Sales

When marketing affiliate products over the ,
you're often competing directly with a lot of other affiliates.
Often you are reaching the SAME prospects. In order to
standout from the crowd, you need to make your promotions
different. One easy way to do this is by offering your own
unique bonuses.

Before offering a bonus to those who purchase affiliate
products through you, confirm that this won't violate the terms
of service of the affiliate program. Also confirm that it
doesn't violate the terms of service of the third party
transaction processor.

When considering what to offer as a bonus, make it something
that has a high perceived value, but also has a low delivery
cost. Digital products work nicely here. These could be
digital products that you create or obtain the rights to. I
prefer creating my own bonuses because that makes sure that
they are truly unique.

Examples of inexpensive bonuses, with high perceived value that
you can offer are:

* MP3 Audio's Of Teleseminars Or Interviews
* PDF Special Reports Or Ebooks
* Access To Live Teleseminars On How To Use The Product
* Reprint Or Resale Rights To Products
* Private Label Rights To Products
* Audio CD's
* DVD's

The last two bonuses above also facilitate you building a
physical mailing list at the same time. As an "Internet
marketer"
you should use a variety of tools including direct mail. To do
this, you need physical mailing addresses too.

Your bonuses should make sense based upon the primary product
that you are marketing. They should be related to the primary
product, or something that a person interested in the primary
product would appreciate.

Your bonuses should also have an appropriate value based upon
the price of the primary product. If you're marketing a $17
ebook, but offering $5000 in bonuses to purchasers, you lose
credibility. There's just too much of a psychological
disconnect in the minds of your prospects... unless you have
a very good reason that you also explain to them.

If you market bigger ticket items, you can offer bigger bonuses
with great impact. However, the bonuses must still make sense.
Here are several example that I've used recently and encourage
you to check out and model:

1) For a live seminar to be held in Orlando, Florida the
second weekend of November, I offered to create a product
with my customers. The workshop focuses on stepping beginners
through building world-class businesses. Since all beginners
need a product, this bonus makes perfect sense.

To create this product, I will gather my customers in my hotel
suite after-hours, we will go over tons of proven and tested
low or no cost traffic generation methods. I'll record the
session, have it transcribed, and we'll have a product that
all participants can sell as their own and keep 100% of the
proceeds. I even plan on setting up the website and order
processing system...so I'm essentially putting them in
business.

This bonus makes perfect sense, will allow my customers to
easily recoup the very low cost of the workshop, and only
costs me a few hours of my time. While creating the product,
I'll also be solidifying relationships with my clients.

If you'd like to join in on that bonus, you can by signing up
for the Workshop (if it's not too late) at:
http://NoHypeInternetMarketing.com/thea/
<http://nohypeinternetmarketing.com/thea/>

2) For customers who purchased Ewen Chia's Super Affiliate
Cloner Program (no longer on the market), I offered membership
in a live mastermind group. I facilitate this bi-weekly
mastermind meeting that focuses exclusively on effectively
marketing affiliate products. The mastermind will run for a
year.

This bonus will cost me 26 hours of my time, but at the same
time allows me to do some networking, and to develop
relationships with some serious affiliate marketers. This
also presents me with a ready pool of very well trained
affiliates when I have a product that I want help rolling
out :-)

3) For the launch of Jeff Walker's Product Launch Formula, I
offered a set of DVD's and a few other bonuses that didn't
cost
much to deliver. The DVD's did cost more than a digital
product, but also facilitated building my database. I added
people to my database that have a proven willingness to invest
$997 in a product that will help them to build their business.

With Jeff Walker's launch which was for the product at:
http://P-L-Formula.com <http://p-l-formula.com/> I actually
created a video, and
uploaded it at http://video.google.com <http://video.google.com/>
You can go there and
enter the search term "internet marketing titans" to actually
locate and watch that short video. That video worked
extremely well, and still produces sales today.

I do offer bonuses with many of the products that I market. It
IS a very effective technique when used properly. A big point
to keep in mind is that the value of the bonus is "in the eyes
of the beholder."

Offer bonuses that your prospect will want and that they will
use. Offer bonuses that your prospects would happily pay for as
stand-alone products if they could not get them as bonuses.

Incorporate the use of bonuses into your affiliate marketing mix
today. The results could really astound you :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Willie Crawford has been teaching highly effective Internet
marketing since late-1996. His innovative methods have helped
thousands improve their online businesses. His latest project
to prove that it's possible to earn $1 million in 90 days
using Internet marketing tactics can be tracked at:
http://MillionDollar90Days.com/results/

No comments: